Been a while since I've had a moment to write, so I thought that Mother's Day was as good a day as any to get caught up. The fact that it is 1:50 in the morning when I have a minute to catch up on the circus is even more appropriate.
Let's talk about Mother's Day.....wow...very cool holiday if I do say so myself. It is flippin hard work being a mom! Whether you have 1, 2, 3, 4, or God Bless you if you have 5+ children, being a mom is an all-consuming 24/7 job. Do we get a "sick day"...hahahahah....no, no we don't. It has been worded a million different ways and described to no end what all it means to be a mom, so not wanting to sound cliche, to be a mom is a job description that you almost can't even put on paper. Come to think of it....why do we only get one day to celebrate moms?? There is "Administrative Assistant's WEEK" and "Teacher Appreciation WEEK"....am I the only one who sees a bit of a misbalance (if that is a word...it is 2 am don't judge)? I know that I look at Mothers Day as even more of a celebration than my own birthday (which is a big deal for those of you who know me and know how big a deal my birthday is to me!). It is a day to reflect on this awesome gift of motherhood God has blessed me with and to look at all I do every day and remember that it is so important. Here I am cleaning and mopping at midnight, and as I steam mop I'm thinking "yay, kill those germs to help keep my babies well".....Once you become a mom and fall in love with these little people God has decided you are chosen to raise....you change forever, always thinking of them and how your decisions and actions will affect them because you are their MOM. It is a big title to hold. I have been so blessed on my mom journey to be surrounded by so many amazing women who have given advice, counsel, and shared in many laughs about life as a mom that have all made me a better mama myself. I think of my sister who always has been one of my heros and now she is this amazing mom with a beautiful wonderful family....what a joy to celebrate her! And oh my how I have such wonderful dear friends that have ALL touched my heart and strengthened me and blessed me and made me a better me....I celebrate each of you sweet ladies.
Speaking of mom, I also get to cherish my own mom. I really can't put into words what my mom means to me. Such a strong, brilliant, beauitful woman. I have without a doubt had a reeally rough 2 years, and she has been there running beside me, sometimes carrying me when I wasn't strong enough to go on my own, always cheering me, pushing me, encouraging me, and believing in me. Can I ever fully explain what happens to my heart when I think of ever having to be without her?...wow....no....that is a pain I am not strong enough to face. One day definitely is NOT enough to show my appreciation for all she has done for me and to express how very much I love her.
One day...one day to celebrate a role that is truly indescribable.
So happy Mother's Day to all you special women in my life....you know who you are. Lets enjoy a day celebrating the hardest, most amazing job in the world! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment